28.9.09

Home Studio Project round #2

  As a continuation of my home studio assignment (see previous post), I have chosen another still-life.   I chose this over a portrait mainly due to the fact that we will be focusing more on portraits later in the semester and I wanted to focus on getting down the basics of lighting at this point.  Portraiture, I feel, presents challenges that are unique apart from still life photography, well because generally you are interacting with another or several human beings.  A still life subject doesn't move, talk back, blink, have to go to the potty, etc., etc.  I can do my thing, while it does its thing...nothing.

  Neither of these shots I have presented here were my original concepts when I started each session.  The original ideas, which I am not gonna go into great detail about, slowly morphed into the end result you see here and the previous post.  After shooting with multiple subjects within the frame in each session, simplicity won out.  Especially for this project, the KISS(keep it simple stupid) approach worked best.


2 comments:

  1. This is really cool Jason--is the skeletal head actually lying down or is it upright? I really like it cuz it kinda looks like an illusion!
    Awesome ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! it is actually positioned upright, photographed straight on

    ReplyDelete